Visa Inc. (“Visa”, “we”, “us” or “our”) wants you to feel secure when visiting the Visa New Zealand website. Committed to protecting your privacy, Visa safeguards your personal information to maintain customer trust.
2. Types of information collected on the Visa New Zealand websiteThere are two types of information collected on the Visa New Zealand website: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. Personal InformationPersonal Information is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, mailing address, email address, age range, etc. Personal information is only obtained when you voluntarily provide the information to us. Visa uses personal information to better understand your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. For example, you may be asked to voluntarily submit your email address to us when communicating with us or your name and email address when entering a sweepstakes or contest. On occasion, Visa may ask you to voluntarily submit information about other people. For example, this may be done to send them a link to a web page or sign them up for a promotion. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your relationship with Visa. We take seriously the trust you place in us and will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. Non-Personal InformationNon-Personal Information is information that does not identify you as an individual, such as your browser type, IP Address, the URL of the previous web site you visited, etc. Visa may automatically collect certain types of non-personal information from you when using the Visa New Zealand website. We may also collect non-personal information that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a questionnaire or survey.
3. Why we collect your informationVisa’s primary purpose in collecting personal information on the Visa New Zealand website is to provide you with a safe and efficient experience and to provide you with services and features that better meet your needs or requests. We only collect information that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose. Visa will collect your personal information for the following purposes:
Some of the personal information we collect is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using various Visa promotions and announcements and to communicate with you. Other types of personal information we collect help us to profile who are registered cardholders and what their interests are.
4. How we collect informationVisa collects data when you provide information to us or through the use of web technology. Information Collected Through YouIf you choose to use certain services or enter a sweepstakes or contest on the Visa New Zealand website, we may require you to provide contact and identity information. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. If you choose not to use a particular service or feature or enter a sweepstakes or contest, you do not have to provide the contact or identity information it calls for. Non-Personal Information Collected Through TechnologyCookiesThe Visa New Zealand website may use cookie technology to improve your experience on the Visa New Zealand website and gather data for web site statistical reporting. Cookie technology does not capture your individual email address or any personal information about you. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web site that is saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser. It holds information a site may need to personalize your experience (i.e., rotating images on the Visa New Zealand website home page) and gathers web site statistical data, such as which pages are visited, what is downloaded, the Internet provider’s domain name and country that our visitors come from and the addresses of sites visited immediately before and after coming to the Visa New Zealand website. However, none of this is associated with you as an individual and is measured only in aggregate. To browse without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) Your experience of the Visa site may be different if you set your browser to block cookies. Web BeaconsThe Visa New Zealand website may use web beacons to serve advertising, enhance email advertising and track usage on the Visa New Zealand website. We use third parties to manage web beacons and the data they collect. Web beacons do not capture your individual email address or any other personal information. Web beacons, also called clear GIFs (a common format for image files), are invisible files on web pages that you visit. If you visit a page on the Visa New Zealand website that contains a web beacon, it communicates with your computer to determine, among other things, whether you have been to that page before or viewed a particular advertisement. IP AddressThe Visa New Zealand website may collect IP addresses for the purposes of systems administration, server problem diagnosis and compiling aggregate information (such as how many visitors logged on to the Visa New Zealand website). When you visit a particular web page on the Visa New Zealand website, our servers log your IP address. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer automatically when you use the Internet.
6. Your choices and opting outVisa will contact you only if you elect to be contacted. If you choose to receive email messages, Visa may periodically send you email messages describing updates, new features or promotional offers related to this web site. You can choose to stop receiving this email at any time. Simply follow the instructions included in your email or send a reply stating your request. If you do not explicitly choose to receive informational emails, the only email messages you will receive from Visa will be in response to email inquiries that you send us. At any time, you can “opt-out” of receiving direct mail and marketing material from Visa, such as product and service updates, by following the instructions included in your email or by sending a reply stating your request, and we will make the requested changes.
7. How to access and correct your personal informationYou may, in most circumstances, have access to personal information which Visa holds about you. To modify or delete your personal information, simply follow the instructions included in your email or on the Visa New Zealand website, or send a reply stating your request, and we will make the requested changes.
8. Children’s privacyThe Visa New Zealand website is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that personal information on a child under the age of 13 is collected, we will delete that information from our systems. We encourage parents and guardians to be familiar with the web sites that their children visit.
9. Keeping your information secureThe security of your personal information is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting the information that we collect. We have security measures in place at our facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that Visa has collected from you at our web site.Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Visa cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.